Are you terrified of the idea of walking up to a stranger at a networking event and starting a conversation? Do you shudder at the thought of having to hold a dialogue about you and what you do? Does ‘closing the sale’ make you die a little inside? Networking expert, Marsha Shandur, will challenge everything you thought you knew about this topic and give you proven tools and ideas to help you rock your next networking event.
In this episode, you’ll learn more about:
- How Marsha went from Business Networking Newbie to Rockstar
- The #1 reason why people are terrified of networking and what you need to do to overcome it
- What to say and what to do to start great conversations with anyone
- How to escape a conversation without feeling like a jerk
- How to join a group of people who are already in a conversation
- How to step-by-step turn a networking contact into a customer
- What you need to do to stand out (in a great way) to people at an event
- The specific questions you can ask to be interesting, keep the conversation going and get people to feel great about you
Links, tools & resources:
Marsha’s Start Some Shift Resource Page (made just for Start Some Shift listeners with lots of great resources)
Amy Cuddy TED Talk – Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are
Thank you so much for listening!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons to the left of the post.
You can also share the love by taking a moment to rate/review the Start Some Shift podcast!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates!